- What do you think there is/are in the Mariana Trench?
- Oceans are very big and vast, can they really be threatened by human action?
- How do you measure the depth of an ocean ?
- In your opinion, is the sentence ,, we know more about space than we do the ocean'' true ? How can we change this ?
- How can we observe what the surface of the ocean floor looks like when it is so deep ?
- What do you think of today's everyday life of a teenager? Is it easier than it was for you?
- How , after a collision with another planet , Terra left with a huge ocean and a mega- continent ? Why Terra wasn't a
- I'm sure you've heard of Jules Verne's "Journey to the center of the Earth". Have you read it and if yes, what did you
- Do you think in the near future will be able to filter the water in the ocean so we can use?
- Hello. I wanted to ask…what does paleomagnetism particularly study? :)
- Do you expected to be one of the finalists?
- Why is water vapor only in the troposphere part?
- 1.How did Earth and other planets form?-su yaşin
- Do you think the accumulation of tension can be prevented in order to reduce the intesity of earthquake? (1 Comment)
- Thanks from your winner - Andi! (2 comments)
- Do you think the accumulation of tension can be prevented in order to reduce the intesity of earthquake? (1 comments)
- If there is an earthquake on Jupiter, Mars, Venus etc. will it still be called EARTHquake ? (1 comments)
- How do you measure the depth of an ocean ? (2 comments)
- What do you think of music like Ed Sheeran's songs? (1 comments)
Well, technically you’re right: it’s really hard to prove that something doesn’t exist when we haven’t looked everywhere and demonstrated that they are nowhere to be found.
And let’s be honest: everybody would love to see a mermaid, right?! It would be great if they actually existed…
But there are actually some scientific facts suggesting that mermaids couldn’t survive underwater. For example, since they would be partly human, their human part couldn’t really survive in the water that long, in most places, especially as you go a bit deeper, it’s too cold, too wet, etc…they simply wouldn’t survive. Also they would have probably gone extinct by now, as it’s not very clear how they would reproduce.
But I agree that they represent a really fascinating myth! I love stories about them and The Little Mermaid is actually one of my favourite Disney cartoons (the real story from the book is maybe a little too sad…)
cool question! I think I have to agree with Alice, it would be cool if they were true, but i suspect that they arent. I wonder if they *were* true, would they be nice and friendly like in Disney? or mean like in Harry Potter?